- Post by: Zeeshan Nasar
Font Software End User License Agreement (for TTF/OTF)
On this page you will find desktop font license (for ttf and otf fonts) as well as webfont license (for woff and woff2 fonts). Here below is the desktop font license while for the webfont License please scrolls down to the bottom of page.
The Mehr Type Designers Desktop Font Software End User License Agreement
NOTICE TO USER:
This End User Licence Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions under which you are licensed to use our fonts. This is a licence agreement and not an agreement for sale. Mehr Type continues to own the copy of the font software and all related materials like modified versions, updates, additions and copies of the software, if any, licenced to you by MEHR TYPE (collectively, “Updates”).
MEHR TYPE grants you a non-exclusive licence to use the font software, provided that you agree to the following:
- The terms stated above are restated and incorporated into this License. You are bound by the Agreement and you acknowledge that all Use (as defined herein) of the Font Software (as defined herein) supplied to you by MEHR TYPE is governed by the Agreement.
- "MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS" or "MEHR TYPE" as used herein shall mean collectively MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS, its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations, its authorized distributors, and any third party who has licensed to MEHR TYPE any or all of the components of the Font Software supplied to you pursuant to the Agreement.
- “Fonts” or “Font Software” means software generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Font Software shall include all bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Font Software as well as, upgrades, updates, related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation.
- The purchased licence of this font allows you to install the font and use it on a specific number of computers and in one specific geographic location. [your licence is only valid for installing the font on 1 computers]. You are not allowed to install the font on more computers without upgrading your licence or purchasing a new licence. In case you need a different license for more users of the font go back and select number of licence do you want.
- “Use” of the Font Software shall occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides.
- “Derivative Work” shall mean a copy based upon or derived from Font Software (or any portion of Font Software) in any form in which such data may be amended, transformed, or adapted including, but not limited to, digital data in any format into which Font Software may be converted.
- “Personal or Internal Business Use” shall mean Use of the Font Software for your customer’s personal or internal business purposes and shall not mean any distribution whatsoever of the Font Software or any component or Derivative Work thereof. “Personal or Internal Business Use” shall not include any Use of the Font Software by persons that are not members of your immediate household, your authorized employees, or your authorized agents. All such household members, employees and agents shall be notified by you as to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and shall agree to be bound by it before they can have Use of the Font Software. Distribution, whether compensated or uncompensated, whatsoever of the Font Software or any component or Derivative Work thereof is expressly prohibited.
- “Workstation” as used herein shall mean a component in which an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides.
- “Commercial Product” as used herein shall mean an electronic document or data file created by use of the Font Software which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) as a commercial product in exchange for a separate fee or other consideration. By way of illustration, not limitation, an electronic book or magazine distributed for a fee shall be considered a Commercial Product; a document distributed in connection with a commercial transaction in which the consideration is unrelated to such document (for example, a business letter, a ticket for an event, or a receipt for purchase of tangible goods) shall not be considered a Commercial Product.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted herein) license to access the Font Software (i) only in a Licensed Unit, (ii) only for your Personal or Internal Business Use, and (iii) only subject to all of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. This License grants no ownership rights in and to Font Software. You agree that MEHR TYPE owns all right, title and interest in and to the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files, including without limitations, the copyright, designs and trademarks rights embodied in or associated with the Font Software.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. You agree that the Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files are the valuable properties of MEHR TYPE and that any intentional use of the Font Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes infringement, causing monetary harm to MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS. All rights not expressly granted in the Agreement are expressly reserved to MEHR TYPE.
- LIMITED EMBEDDING. You may electronically distribute Font Software embedded in a “Personal or Internal Business Use” document (that is, a document other than a “Commercial Product” as defined herein) only when the Font Software embedded in such document (i) is in a static graphic image (for example, a “gif”) or an embedded electronic document such as a document in the PDF format, and (ii) the document is distributed in a secure format that permits only the viewing and printing (and not the editing, altering, enhancing, or modifying) of such static graphic image or embedded document. You may not embed Font Software in a Commercial Product without a separate written license from MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS, and you may not embed Font Software in a PDF document where the Font Software can be accessed or where the Font Software is included as a resource in a data file for any reason other than your own Personal or Internal Business Use. Use of the Font Software in an Application (“App”), eBook or in a manner that permits third party remote access and use of the font software to create commercial products, such as by way of example not limitation, greeting cards, requires an additional license.
- USES NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT EXPRESS CONSENT AND LICENSE UPGRADE. Use of MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS’s Fonts in the following circumstances and/or applications is NOT permitted without first obtaining the appropriate licensing upgrade:
- COMMERCIAL ALPHABET OF LETTER FORM PRODUCTS created for resale;
- BROADCAST or FILM;
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE EMBEDDING such as in applications (“Apps”) in mobile or tablet type devices;
- SOFTWARE EMBEDDING; and
In order to obtain a license upgrade, you must contact MEHR TYPE at www.mehrtype.com for more information. If you are unsure whether your use of MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS’s Fonts is specifically permitted under this Agreement, contact MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS.
Letterform or Alphabet Products is permitted on a limited basis. Such uses include, but are not limited to, scrapbooking uses involving reproductions of individual letterforms, use in the creation of signage or numbering products, rubber stamps, die-cut products, stencil products, tattoo flash, or adhesive sticker alphabet products or any other product containing any image of or derived from the design of the Font embodied in the Font Software of which any likeness of the alphabet can be reproduced which are created for resale by resellers of such products.
Broadcast and Film Usage refers to the use of the Font Software in titling, credits for any on-screen broadcast via television, or motion picture titling; For use in film or in television broadcasts, the terms of this License are limited to an annual broadcast season or the initial release and broadcast usage licensing must be renewed prior to following season (whether original or re-rerun, both foreign and domestic) to retain usage and proper licensing. Additional licensing options are available.
Embedded Electronic Devices includes the use of the Font Software for any onscreen display or on an electronic device outside a single location. For example, and not by way of limitation, such electronic devices include a kiosk or gaming devices, embroidery or sewing machines. Use of the Font to create a Company Logo is permitted. Upon the purchase of a license upgrade the Font Software may be embedded and resident within an electronic device provided it cannot be extracted from the device. NOTE: This restriction does NOT include laptop/notebook CPUs which are defined as a standard device in this License Agreement. The embedding or other use of the Fonts or the outlines thereof, in works distributed electronically and/or via physical media for sale is prohibited under this License. Any such use requires the express written permission by MEHR TYPE and may or may not require the purchase of a license upgrade at the sole discretion of MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS. In the event any dingbats or other art forms are part of the Font Software, use of the artwork is further restricted. You may not use artwork, drawings or dingbats on goods for sale, in logo design, retail packaging or point of sale displays and in works that are printed in amounts greater than 500,000 impressions. Any such use requires the purchase of a license upgrade.
Use of the Font Software as Web fonts is only permitted by the purchase of a special license from MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS.
- PRINTED DESIGNS FOR RESALE AND DIGITAL ART DOWNLOADS.
You may use the font software to design and create printed works and digital word (not individual letterforms) art for resale without quantity limitations. Fonts used in digital download artwork must only contain static images (e.g.; jpg, gif, tif) and must not provide the outlined/vector-based letterforms or include the font file in the download.
- LOGOS. You are permitted to use the Font Software in the creation of a logo or corporate identity and modification of a reasonable and limited number of letterform outlines is permitted. Under no circumstances can the modified letterforms be converted to working type font software.
- ALTERATIONS. You may modify the vector outlines of a font you’ve licensed using an editing program such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. You may not alter Font Software for the purpose of adding any functionality which such Font Software did not have when delivered to you by MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS. If the Font Software contains embedding bits that limit the capabilities of the Font Software, you may not change or alter the embedding bits. Font Software may not be used to create or distribute any electronic document in which the Font Software, or any part thereof, is embedded in a format that permits editing, alterations, enhancements, or modifications by the recipient of such document. If you have reason to believe that a recipient of an electronic document possesses the capability to edit, alter, enhance, or modify such electronic document even though you have distributed it in a format which does not permit such editing, alteration, enhancement, or modification, you shall not transmit such document to such person.
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The Font Software is protected by the copyright and intellectual property laws of the Pakistan and other nations, and by international treaties. You may not copy the Font Software, except as expressly provided herein. Any copies that you are expressly permitted to make pursuant to the Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Font Software. You agree not to adapt, modify, alter, translate, convert, or otherwise change the Font Software, or to create Derivative Works from Font Software or any portion thereof. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Font Software. You agree to use trademarks associated with the Font Software according to accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name and all use of any trademark shall inure to the sole benefit of MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS. You may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Font Software.
- NO SUBLICENSE. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Font Software, or any copy thereof, except as expressly provided herein. If you are a business or organization, you agree that upon request from MEHR TYPE or MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS’s authorized representative, you will with thirty (30) days fully document and certify that use of any and all MEHR TYPE Font Software at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid licenses from MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS.
- BACK UP PERMITTED. You may make one back-up copy of Font Software for archival purposes only, and you shall retain exclusive custody and control over such copy. Upon termination of the Agreement, you must destroy the original and any and all copies of the Font Software.
- NO WARRANTIES. MEHR TYPE DOES NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE FONT SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS’S BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, MEHR TYPE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL MEHR TYPE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF MEHR TYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF MEHR TYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The Font Software is non-returnable, nonrefundable and non-transferable.
- TERMINATION. The Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by you (or any authorized person or member of your immediate household to whom you have given permission to Use the Font Software) to comply with its terms. The termination of the Agreement shall not preclude MEHR TYPE from suing you for damages of any breach of the Agreement. The Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS. You agree that the Font Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration or any applicable export laws, restrictions or regulations.
All inquiries may be sent via e-mail to: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS’s website is located at http://www.mehrtype.com
Webfont End User License Agreement (for WOFF/WOFF2)
MEHR Type Designers Webfont End User License Agreement
By downloading, installing and/or embedding font software (“Webfont”) offered by MEHR Type Designers or its distributors, you (“Licensee”) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of this End User Licensing Agreement (“EULA”):
- Right Granted
MEHR Type Designers grants Licensee a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive and non-transferrable license to link the Webfont to Websites using the @font-face selector in CSS files.
- Requirements and Restrictions
Licensee agrees to abide by the following requirements and restrictions:
- Licensee must use the Webfont provided by MEHR Type Designers under this EULA. Licensee may not link to the full, CFF OpenType or TrueType font designed for desktop installation.
- Licensee must include the entire commented header in the provided CSS file.
- The total traffic of the Website(s), measured in pageviews per month, may be no greater than 10,000 pageviews. If your website recieves more than 10,000 pageviews per month, you can purchase a higher limit, or an unlimited license.
- Licensee may only install the Webfont on Websites that it owns or controls.
- Licensee may embed Webfont in reports generated by the Website(s), provided that Licensee does not sell the reports for profit.
- Provision to Third Parties
Licensee may temporarily provide the Webfont to a website developer, agent or independent contractor, who is working on behalf of the Licensee, ONLY IF the developer, agent or independent contractor (1) agrees in writing to use the Font exclusively for Licensee’s work, according to the terms of this EULA, and (2) retains no copies of the Font upon completion of the work.
Licensee may not otherwise distribute the Webfont to third parties or make the Webfont publicly accessible or available except by embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA.
This EULA grants a perpetual license for the rights set forth in Paragraph 1 unless and until the EULA terminates under Paragraph 8. MEHR Type Designers will not charge additional fees post purchase, annually or otherwise.
- Other Usage
Licenses for desktop use, computer applications and games, installable interactive books, software, mobile applications and games, Ebooks and Epubs, product creation websites, website template distribution, website templates, and other uses not allowed by this EULA may be available for an additional fee. Contact MEHR Type Designers for more information.
Licensee may not modify the Webfont or create derivative works based upon the Webfont without prior written consent from MEHR Type Designers or the owning Designers EXCEPT THAT Licensee may generate files necessary for embedding or linking in accordance with this EULA.
The Webfont is protected by copyright law. The Designers is the sole, exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights, including rights under copyright and trademark law. Licensee agrees not to use the Webfont in any manner that infringes the intellectual property rights of the Designers or violates the terms of this EULA. Licensee will be held legally responsible, and indemnifies MEHR Type Designers, for any infringements on the Designers's rights caused by failure to abide by the terms of this EULA.
- Entire Agreement
This EULA, in conjunction with the receipt (“Receipt”) that accompanies each Font licensed from MEHR Type Designers or its distributors, constitutes the entire agreement between MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS and Licensee.
The Parties may modify or amend this EULA in writing.
The waiver of one breach or default hereunder shall not constitute the waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
Website Embedding, @font-face
You can embed the font in your HTML/CSS allowing your viewers to see your custom typography even if they don't have the font installed on their computer.
The total pageviews per month of all your websites must be less than the pageview limit you purchased. Limits can be upgraded later.
All of MEHR Type Designers licenses are perpetual, which means you pay once and use it forever. MEHR Type Designers does not require you to install any cumbersome pageview tracking scripts. We trust you.
This EULA is effective until terminated. If Licensee fails to comply with any term of this EULA, MEHR Type Designers may terminate the EULA with 30 days’ notice. This EULA will terminate automatically 30 days after the issuance of such notice.
THE PRODUCT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Product rests upon Licensee. MEHR Type Designers does not warrant that the functions contained in the Product will meet Licensee’s requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF MEHR TYPE DESIGNERS OR THE DESIGNERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This EULA is governed by the laws of Pakistan. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this EULA or the breach, termination or validity thereof shall be finally settled in the Courts of Lahore, Pakistan or at the MEHR Type’s sole discretion at your domicile's competent courts.
All inquiries may be sent via e-mail to: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
MEHR Type Designer’s website is located at http://www.mehrtype.com